PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of knitwear, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
* as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
* when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
* if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
* as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about you, our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
* Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
* Business transfers. If we sell or merge my business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
* Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Website Traffic Stats :
When you visit cosiknits.co.uk, information is automatically collected about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the website, information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to my website, and information about how you interact with the website is automatically collected.
This information is collected using the following Google Analytics technology:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note that if you do disable cookies, this may stop certain functions on this website from working correctly in your browser.
Other Web Stat info:
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We can’t track who you are through the data collected by analytics, but we use the information to determine general trends on visits and keywords on the website.
If you specifically email us with a query, then we will use your name and email address to contact you in reply.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site.
You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services such as Google Cloud in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 9 St Clare Street, Penzance, Cornwall TR18 2PB, United Kingdom
This policy was updated 25th May 2018.